1. Come One, Come All to Binda U! Bindagraphics has scheduled the Fall Semester of our popular post-press seminar, Binda University, for Friday, September 19. This full-day seminar is held at our Baltimore facility and covers all of our post-press operations, and includes a continental breakfast, lunch, and a plant tour. To learn more or to register, please contact Dara McBee at 1-800-326-0300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Can’t Make It to Binda University? Ask About Lunch and Learn! - Understanding that schedules are hectic, and time is always at a premium, Bindagraphics offers a Lunch and Learn program. Your Sales Representative will come to your office and will lead a lunchtime education session for your staff. We even provide the meal! To learn more, or to schedule a Lunch and Learn, please contact your Sales Representative.
3. The Importance of Job Costing - Without job costing reports for each job, printers and binders are bowling with a curtain in front of the pins - they don't know if it is a 7-10 split or a strike. With job costing, manufacturers can see what was mispriced or misproduced, and can hopefully avoid losing projects in the future.
4. Normal Is No Longer the Norm - According to the recent report from Trend Watch Graphic Arts, the past eight years have produced trends which signal a need to review business plans. Among these trends are a decreased concern for improving plant productivity and keeping up with technology, while there is an increased interest in partnering with other graphic arts firms to lower overhead. In addition, it was found that prepress-related processes are becoming commodities, causing printers to seek alternative methods of differentiation. Large format printing, however, has shown consistent and steady growth as a planned investment. For more information, please visit www.trendwatchgraphicarts.com.
5. Bindagraphics Feature Item of the Month - Our customers in the Mid-Atlantic region may have seen one of our recent projects without realizing...We recently completed a Busch Gardens point-of purchase display. Coupons for the Williamsburg, VA amusement park will be held in the display that we die cut, laminated, scored, and converted. In case you haven't come across our display, please visit our website, www.bindagraphics.com, to see a photo.
6. Food For Thought - A conveyor printing press is used to print the tiny white M's on each M&M candy. Because the peanut sizes vary, the press must be always adjusted to prevent smashing the peanuts in peanut M&Ms. Regular M&Ms, all the same size, are much easier to send through the printer.
ISO 9001: 2000 Registered
2701 Wilmarco Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21223
1-800-326-0300 Fax 410-362-7233
100 N Pendleton St.
High Point, North Carolina 27260
336-431-6200 Fax 336-431-6232